Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ranch Dressing

Oh ranch dressing how I missed thee, until I developed this recipe that is. I have to say that Mark and I were addicted to ranch dressing before we changed our diet. It was our condiment of choice for fry dipping, on top of baked potatoes, and burgers, etc. I would have to buy 2 big bottles of ranch at Sam's Club about every two months. Then I started reading ingredient labels and our beloved Hidden Valley disappeared from our lives. Luckily we did not have to ween Ashlyn since we never gave it to her anyway.

I have a confession, I am currently obsessed with cashew cream, if you haven't noticed from this post and my Cheeze Sauce. So, if you see more sauces coming out of my kitchen with cashew cream don't worry, my obsessions tend not to last too long and I will move onto something else eventually.


OK, so I know this is my second sauce recipe this week, believe me there is a point to it and I will post it soon I promise.

Ranch Dressing

Ingredients:

1/2 c soaked cashews
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp dried dill
3/4 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp minced onion
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

You first need to soak your cashews overnight. Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with water, and place in the fridge overnight.

Once the cashews have soaked overnight drain the water and place them in the blender. Add all of the other ingredients into the blender and blend on high for about 5 minutes or until you reach your desired consistency. If you do not have a high speed blender this will take at least the full 5 minutes to get a smooth consistency. Also, feel free to adjust the amount of milk to make it as thin or as thick as you like. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. It will thicken up a little in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment