Friday, June 13, 2014

Signs that summer is 8 days away

Happy Friday! I hope the week has treated all of you very well. Can you believe that the first day of summer is only 8 days away? Here are some reminders that summer is approaching with a quickness. *Warning, this is very picture heavy.*

The weather around here has been fantastic this week so we were able to get outside a lot. We went for some walks and just enjoyed the nice weather. We are very lucky to live in a city where there are a number of state rec areas with lakes. We actually live in an area where there are 3 of these within a 10 minute drive from our house. These are our favorite places to take walks.

I decided to bring my camera along on our walks and snapped some pictures. These pictures reflect the beauty of nature that can be found in the city if you just know where to look.
This is a picture that Ashlyn took, had to add it.
This spring we also built some garden boxes and planted our very first garden. This week the garden has just taken off. Here are some shots of what has shown up in our garden just this last week. I can't wait until I can start getting veggies from our garden.
Zucchini Blossom
More Zucchini
Tomatoes are growing.
These will be Tomatoes soon!
And one cute little Bell Pepper

We also spent the spring planting flowers. Some of them were already flowering when we planted them, but recently we had some open their flowers. Don't ask me what kind of flowers these are, but I think they are beautiful. 
Marigold. We planted these around the garden to keep the rabbits out.
I love that you can actually see the pollen on the flower.



I hope you all enjoyed my little taste of summer. We are going to continue to enjoy the nice weather here this weekend. Mark has a 57 mile bike ride of Saturday and I am going to attempt to make curtains for Ashlyn's room. If they turn out I will be sure to share them with you soon. Have a great weekend and I hope the weather is great for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment